The often misunderstood cloud has changed the way people and businesses store their data and communicate with each other. Now not only can businesses avoid housing large, bulky filing cabinets full of physical files in their offices, they don’t even need high capacity on site server storage capabilities.
Even though the cloud is believed by many to be a complicated concept, it's actually quite simple, straightforward, and easy to use. It helps businesses across Newark every day.
What is the Cloud?
Simply put, the cloud is a system of offsite servers that individuals and businesses use to store their digital files and media. The servers are managed by a hosting company and individuals and organizations buy or rent digital space from them.
An individual may use cloud storage to store their photos and music, rather than storing that information on their phone. A business may use the cloud to store essential documents and data.
The hosting company is responsible for the upkeep of the servers and making sure that their users have steady access to their stored information.
How Has the Cloud Changed the Way We Do Business in New Jersey?
The cloud has greatly impacted the way companies do business. Several benefits of using the cloud to store business information are:
- Remote access: log in and access information from anywhere
- Scalability: only pay for the amount of storage you use
- Increased security: hosting companies keep all data secure
- Natural disaster protection: servers are backed up regularly
- Easy file sharing: a document hosted offsite can be accessed by anyone granted permissions
- Reduced power/maintenance costs: you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage Services for Your Newark Business
If you are looking to initiate cloud storage services for your Newark based organization, we can help. Call us at (973) 404-8722 or fill out the form on the left and we’ll help you find a reliable cloud storage solution for your digital storage needs.